Awareness Through Movement® lessons take you on a journey through your own body, leaving you feeling relaxed, calm, moving through life with less pain and a greater sense of possibility!
In Awareness Through Movement® classes, you will be guided through explorations that involve thinking, sensing, moving, and imagining. Lessons consist of comfortable, gentle movements, based on natural human development, ordinary function, or physical relationships between areas of the body.
Weekly class resumes on July 9
Tribe Healing Arts, 1819 West Belmont
$15/class or four classes for $55. REGISTER HERE.
Awareness Through Movement® lessons are for anyone. People often discover:
– Relaxation–an increased ability to let go of tension and be centered
– Grounding and a sense of calm
– Increased mobility
– Improved posture
– Reduced discomfort from headaches, neck pain, and back pain
– Enhanced performance in athletics, yoga, dance, or other activities
– General improved well-being and vitality
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing that lets you move with ease. Lessons may include lying down, sitting, or standing. Mats are provided, though you may want to bring blanket or a towel for support (not for sweating!) Open to all ages and experience levels; we can help you accommodate most physical challenges!